Training in Bonn
1.5 Day Workshop for
beginning Language Engineers / technical Project Managers
Date: April 15th - April 16th, 2020
Number of participants: minimum 3 / maximum 5
The workshop will be held in English.
The German workshop is held the week after, from April 22nd to 23rd, 2020.
XML and text-based formats are being used more and more in the translation process. They often require specific settings in our translation tools or the creation of a new filter alltogether. Sometimes pre- or post-processing of the files is necessary.
The workshop is geared towards beginners in the field of technical project management / language engineering and provides many examples and exercises to help you get started with XML, XLIFF, XPATH and REGEX.
Some items on the agenda:
- Introcudtion to XML (elements, attributes, entitoes, validation)
- XML with conditions, HTML, length restrictions
- XML-based formats like XLIFF or TMX
- Navigation within XML files through XPATH
- Pseudo translation for testing filters
- Introduction to REGEX (regular expressions) specifically for the translation process
- Use of REGEX for search&replace, import of text-based files, quality control and conversion of text into tags
You can find the full agenda here
We will use memoQ und SDL Trados Studio to work on the files, but many of the steps described can also be used in other translation tools
Prerequisite: Working knowledge of memoQ and/or SDL Trados Studio would be useful.
Participants bring their own laptops.
Price per person: 780 Euro (plus German VAT), meals included
Location: zaac office, Bendenweg 101, 53121 Bonn, Germany
In case you are interested in this workshop, please contact us at seminar [at] zaac.de or give us a call at +49-228-323 0707.
And here is a link to a survey, where you can add topic ideas for such courses.